CEAL in the Press
- NIH funds community engagement research efforts in communities across 11 states: Read the CEAL Press Release in English or Spanish
Media Contact Info
Inquiries about CEAL or requests to be added to our press distribution list may be directed to:
301-496-5449 or [email protected].
CEAL at a Glance
The following CEAL facts have been prepared for you to copy and use.
To provide trustworthy information through active community engagement and outreach to the people hardest-hit by the COVID-19 pandemic, including African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos and American Indians/Alaska Natives, with the goal of building long-lasting partnerships as well as improving diversity and inclusion in our research response to COVID-19.
Areas of Focus
- COVID-19 awareness and education research
- Promoting and facilitating diversity and inclusion in clinical trials
Where CEAL Research Teams Are Working
CEAL Research teams are currently working in counties in Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
Research Team Funding
NIH awarded $12 million to RTI International, a non-profit research institution which will serve as the Technical and Administrative Support and Coordination (TASC) center, in support of CEAL.
Coordinating COVID-19 Trial Networks
- Accelerating COVID-19 Therapeutic Interventions and Vaccines (ACTIV)
- COVID-19 Prevention Network (CoVPN)
- Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics (RADx SM)
- Collaborating Network of Networks for Evaluating COVID-19 and Therapeutic Strategies (CONNECTs)